About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Technique Day Michael Strong Rubber Stamps


Thursday is Technique Thursday for Yahoo Group – Enjoy Michael Strong Stamps and I have created this card for the today’s project. My inspiration for this card was the Cloisonné Fish from Michael Strong’s collection and the round easel card. The pattern for the card can be found at:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/easelcard/

I painted gesso on paintable wallpaper purchased at Walmart and cut out the circle for the background of my card and painted it with blue alcohol ink. I then cut out several different circles with my metal die cutters in a variety of papers to give the card a layered effect. I embossed one of the circles with the bubble embossing folder.

The Cloisonné Fish was stamped on glossy card stock that I had coloured with several different shades of alcohol ink. My husband took a fish hook and dulled the pointed end for me to add to the card, I then added lots of pearls, bling, sea shells and a sentiment.

I got carried away with the card but it was fun to do.

Thanks for stopping by.

Judy

1 comment:

  1. Wow.Gracias ..Very nice, beautiful rubber stamps and artistic thought that you share with us thanks for sharing ....

    ReplyDelete