About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Seaside Collage


Come and Get It Challenge this week is a vacation theme.  Right away I head to my stash of rubber stamps because a vacation to me means the beach.  I have a large collection of unmounted rubber stamps with a beach type theme.  I am not sure where I purchased them all but a couple of the companies are Old Island Stamp Company and Lasting Impression by Panache.  I stamped some of the images directly on to the base water themed paper then started to layer the other images on top to create the seaside collage.  I love the sentiment on the larger image “Seaside – lazy days, playful days, sandy beaches, picking up pebbles and collecting shells.  Does that remind you of vacations when you were little?
 I was lucky to live close to the ocean while growing.  There is nothing like the seaside. Come and join the fun at Come and Get it Challenge.  
Thank you for stopping by and hope you have a great day.

Judy

2 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful...I love it. It is a very nice colour combination for our vacation theme.
    Thanks for taking part in this week's Come and Get It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on your collage card, I'm not very good at that type of a card. I love this though. Thanks for sharing with us again and for plugging our challenge once again.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete