About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Wrinkle Free Distress


I was playing with my distressed inks and working on an upcoming swap using the wrinkle free distress technique today.  You can find this technique on the Split Coast Stampers web site:

I have ink stains all over my hands but that is a quite normal. No fake nails for me.  I always forget to put on gloves. I have now several extra back grounds ready for some upcoming cards.

I used an old PSX - Hydrangea stamp from my stash for both the tag and the card.  To the card I added some photo corners, sentiment and a ribbon and to the tag some fibers, a sentiment and a butterfly.  The butterfly was made with another technique.  I added alcohol inks to tin foil that was fastened to some card stock. Then I used a die cutter to cut out the butterfly, embossed it and then rubbed the embossed edges with Stazon ink to bring out the pattern. 

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a creative day. 

Judy

1 comment:

  1. Judy, both of these creations are just gorgeous! I think you and I are the only ones to use photo corners on our cards - but I love the look! Stay inky and create!

    ReplyDelete