About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Day 5 - Dragonfly Tag


Final day as card captain this week at Yahoo Group, Enjoy Michael Strong Stamps and I have made another tag. I had my gesso out again playing with mixing colors and textures. I colored the gesso with Radiant Pearls in colors of pink, blue, orange and copper and gave the tag a spritz of glimmer mist. Once the gesso had dried I stamped the mesh background stamp by Stampin Up on the tag.

I made the flower from Tim Holtz die cutter called tattered flowers and the leaves from a Sizzix die cutter.

The dragonfly of course is from the Michael Strong collection. I stamped the dragonfly on a piece of left over textured paper I coated with gesso from the tag I made on day one. I embossed the dragon fly with copper embossing powder. I love the way the dragonfly shimmers in the light.

A sentiment and some ribbon completed the tag. I had a fun week as card captain . I hope you enjoyed my cars and tags this week.  




Judy

I would like to enter this tag in the following challenges
Art Impressions – red, orange, yellow, green and blue
Paper Minutes – No designer paper
Through the Craft Room Door – anything goes

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty tag. Nice color combo. Thanks for joining us at TTCRD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, your tag is just so beautiful. Hugs from Scotland. Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tag Judy! I love how it turn out, thanks so much for joining us at Ai challenge! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete