About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Tag Your It, Anything with a Tag.



Shell at Come and Get it Challenges this week picked one of my favourite challenges, tags. I created this Christmas tag for a friend for Christmas.  

I first coated my ornament shaped card with gesso and added some cord, then  I painted the total background with white acrylic paint.  Next I added a torn doily, several different colours, sizes and textures of snowflakes.  Next I added my Santa image and my sentiment. To complete my tag I added a hint of colour with  Shattered Glass Distress Ink.

I hope you will join us this week and show us your tags at Come and Get it Challenges.  Have a creative day.


Judy


Alphabet Challenge – V is for Vintage


  

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful ornament tag Judy, love how it turned out! Your friend will adore it!

    ¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.•´ ..•´
    -:¦:-
    Hugs Shell in Alaska♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun tag. I love how the snowflakes are off the tag.

    Thanks for joining our vintage challenge at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tag, Judy! I love that Santa image! Thanks for joining us for the Little Miss Muffet Tag or Gift challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful tag, great shape and wonderful Santa image. Love all the snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tag! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tag Judy :-) very cute Santa and the snowflakes are FAB :-)

    Thanks for joining us on the Crafty Ribbons Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete