About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Emboss Resist Technique



The Inky Fun Stampers is having a card swap this month and this is the card I made for the embossed resist technique swap.  For the background of my card I used a Stampin Up leaf stamp that I embossed in white embossing powder then rubbed on distress ink.  

Next I used a platinum embossing powder on another Stamping Up image and coloured the background of the butterfly with three different colours of distress ink.  To complete my card I then added a friend sentiment by Stampin Up and a ribbon.  

I like the colours of my card especially since I have been making  so many Christmas cards and projects.  

Thank you for stopping by and have a very creative day.

Judy

I  am entering my card in the following challenges:

Hiding in my Craft Room -  Anything but Holiday
Pumpkin spice - Anything Goes
Alphabet Challenge - W is for Whatever You Wish
Docerela CreationsAnything Goes
4 Krafty Girlz - Anything Goes
Creative Knockouts - Anything Goes
Party Time Tuesday - Anything Goes
Creative Fingers Challenge - Anything Goes

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful butterfly image and love how you made the background -thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Knockouts
    Hugs Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your emboss resist is wonderful and has me dreaming of warmer weather. Love your layout and choice of colors too. Thank you for sharing your creation with us at Creative Knockouts! Hope to see you again next week.

    Tamie
    Creative Knockouts DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Love this technique and your cards looks so elegant.
    Thank you for joining us at Creative Fingers

    Huggsss, Angelique
    EngelDesignsScrap

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful butterfly! LOVE the embossing technique! Wonderful card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at HIMCR this week!

    Emily - Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful . . . absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the look of the embossed resist technique. Thanks for joining us at Hiding In My Craft Room for our "Anything BUT a holiday" challenge. Hope to see you join us again soon!!! (and Good Luck!!!)

    Kathy HIMCR DT
    UpintheNightwithKat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete