About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Saturday, March 1, 2014

A Button Challenge


Blue Moon Creations Crafting Station has a Get ink Stamp challenge this week using a button or buttons. Create a card or craft project and use a button(s) on it.  This is one of my favorite embellishments.  They come in large range of colour, easy to find and inexpensive to purchase. 

I love this checkers background paper I found in my stash.  The image I used is from Get Inky Stamps and is called  Short Penguin.   For my button i used a regular coat button threaded with white ribbon and layered it on a black banner and a red die cut that is part of the Gold Majesty Circles dies. I think it looks like a medallion on the card. 

The penquin was coloured with Copic Markers and then ribbon and bling were added to the card to complete it. 

Thank you for stopping by. Hop over to the Blue Moon Creations Crafting Station to see what the other design team members have created to inspire you. 


Judy 

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

The Doodle Garden - Anything Goes
The Hobby House -Buttons
Tilda's Town – Use your stash
 Cards Galore Encore - Use a stamp or digi stamp
Card and Scrap - Use Dies
The East Wind Challenge - Use a Digi
Simply Create Too -Shop in Your Stash
Crafting Vicky  - 500 followers celebration 

5 comments:

  1. What an adorable creation! Thank you SO much for joining in our Anything Goes at The Doodle Garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy: Your card is so fun--I love penguins!! . Glad you joined our "Use Your Stash Challenge #56" and hope you enter in all our Simply Create Too upcoming challenges also.

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://SimplyCreateToo.blogspot.com
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe...I just adore the image, button and your color combo! Simply fabby CAS card. Thank-you for joining us at the CardsGaloreEncoreChallenge #3 Stamp Or Digi Anywhere on your Project

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling - love the color combo and the cute penguin! Thanks for joining us at The Doodle Garden for our first challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great design, thanks for playing with us at Simply Create Too.
    Hugz Marjo

    ReplyDelete