About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Inspiration card for Get Inky Challenges

Happy Mother's Day to all of you mom's out there.  We are having a Mother's Day/Flower Challenge this week at Get Ink

This is my inspiration for the challenge.  


I chose to make a flower pot full of flowers for my card this week.  I made quite a few flowers and then piled them on after I had added my die cuts and leaves.   I made lots of flowers out of my scrape paper in my stash and edged them with Distress Inks.  I was not worried about how many I made because it is nice to have a supply of flowers already made up when you are working on different paper projects. 

I added a sentiment from the Cupcake Photo Polymer stamp set to complete my card.  This set of stamps is just full of sentiments to be used with or without the cupcake stamp. I think it is such a great value.  Check out them out at Blue Moon Creations Crafting Station.   

Supplies that I used to make my flower pot are

Spellbinders Flower Pot Die
Maryinne Designs die
Doily die cut with a Cricut
Pearls from my stash
Paper and Ribbon from my stash 
Leaves die cut by Sizzex
Martha Stewart  Flower Punch
Sentiment by Get Inky

There is still time to create your card and enter it in the current challenge. We have a great prize of our lucky winners. Check out the challenge here


I am entering this card in the following challenges:

A Little Bit Crafty - Flower Power
A & T Emerald Faeries - Flowers Ribbon &/or Lace
Artistic Stampers - In the Garden
 Elisabeth Bells World - Lots of Flowers
Mema's Challenge - May Flowers/Celebrate Mom
 The Cupboard Trilogy - Flowers
Crafting At the Weekend - Anything goes

    Kit and ClowderFlowers 
      Open-Minded Challenges - Use some ribbon
        Speedy  Fox and Friends - Use a Punch

        16 comments:

        1. Beautiful Perfect for Mothers Day , thanks for sharing at MFP.....Lis

          ReplyDelete
        2. Gorgeous card and love all the beautiful flowers-thanks for joining us for our first challenge at crafting At the Weekend
          carol DT x

          ReplyDelete
        3. Wow, what a lovely creation, perfect for Mom. Thank you joining us at Mema's Crafts this month. We wish you much luck and hope you will visit and play with us often.

          ReplyDelete
        4. Wow! That's a lot of gorgeous flowers!!! Beautiful flower pot! Thanks for playing along with us at Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge this week!

          ReplyDelete
        5. Oh my gosh, what a gorgeous flower arrangement!! Thanks for joining us at Speedy Fox & Friends challenge this week!

          ReplyDelete
        6. So pretty hun, and perfect for our Flower Power theme at ALBC this month. Thank you for playing along. Hugs xx

          ReplyDelete
        7. Wow!! This is gorgeous!! LOVE all those flowers!! That is absolutely gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

          - Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
          {Scrap A Thousand Words}

          ReplyDelete
        8. Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at Open Minded Challenges this fortnight.

          ReplyDelete
        9. Lovely idea, it looks fab, thanks for sharing with us at Open-minded crafting Fun. Julie DT :)

          ReplyDelete
        10. This is beautiful Judy! Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Artistic Stamper.
          Alison xxx

          ReplyDelete
        11. Simply gorgeous all those flowers are lovely. Thanks so much for joining us over at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges, good luck and hope to see you again.
          ~ Denise DT ~
          Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
          {Denise's Patch of Creativity}

          ReplyDelete
        12. What a lovely card, thank you so much for joining in with our challenge over at The Cupboard Trilogy Challenge Blog.
          Stella xx
          TCT DT

          ReplyDelete
        13. Hi Judy~ this is a very pretty, detailed card!! Thanks for sharing at EBWorld....but to qualify for winnings you MUST use an EBell image:) Hope you share with us again in future at EBWorld!
          Hugs

          ReplyDelete
        14. This is really beautiful... but as Mary Lou said this does not qualify for our EBW challenge due to no Elisabeth Bell image being used! Thanks for taking the time to share your lovely creation anyway. HUgsxx

          ReplyDelete
        15. Wow this is totally gorgeous! I totally adore all the great flowers you have added to this creation!

          Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky.

          ReplyDelete