About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Friday, June 13, 2014

Try a New Technique


I joined a card swap at Technique Junkies this month  and this is my card.  I love their monthly card swaps.  The idea of the swap is to try one of the techniques from their bi-monthly Newsletter.  I have lots to chose from since I have nearly 10 years of Newsletters.

The technique I used this month is called Embossed Colored Pencils. I love the effect the clear embossing powder gives the pencil crayon a richness and depth.

The supplies I used for this card are:

  • Rose stamp by Rubber Stampede
  • Butterfly from my stash
  • Die from Stampin Up
  • Versa Mark Pen
  • Clear Embossing Powder 
  • Prima Color Pencil Crayons
  • Ribbon from my stash
  • Corner Punch from my stash
Thank you for stopping by and have a very creative day.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

A Creative Need -  No. 20 - June - Anything Goes
Bloggers Flowers
Stampin' For The Weekend - Anything Goes
4 Krafty Girlz Anything Goes
CCEE Stampers - Roses
Delightful Challenges -Tickled Pink
In the Pink -  Flower Garden
Paper Crafting Journey - Anything Goes





3 comments:

  1. Judy this is really beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at A Creative Need!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card! Thanks for joining us at in the pink
    Helene DT

    ReplyDelete