About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Recycle, Re-Purpose and Re-Invent 1st Challenge plus a Blog Hop

I am excited to be a member of the new Design Team of a new and exciting challenge blog called Recycle, Re-Purpose and Re-Invent.  

Chris Stern  is the designer and owner of CS Designs, The digital designs are unique and original.  Check out Chris' designs here.   The theme of the challenge this month is Fall, Harvest and Halloween and they always allow Anything Goes but any project you enter must included recycling, or be re-purposed or re-invented.  



We're Also Having A Blog Hop with lots of Fun Prizes
To help us Celebrate our 1st challenge here on Recycle, Re-Purpose & Reinvent. 
 
There are 7 blogs participating in this Hop and 6 Great Prizes to be given out. Because we want you to become acquainted with our  fabulous new team you must  visit and leave a comment on Every Participating Project Post along the way in order to be eligible to win any of our prizes.

There will be 6 winners altogether,:  3 will be chosen from all the comments left on our participating posts, 2 will be chosen from all those that participate in our 1st challenge and 1 from those that find the hidden ghost somewhere on the CS Designs Store. Our Blog Hop starts today Oct 1st, 2014 and ends  at 11:55 October 13th, and winners will be announced on Nov 1st. All Winners will receive their choice of 3  digital designs from the CS Designs Online Store. 
 
Art you ready to party? 

Start Here ... on this blog  
(There are two ways to win on this blog, join our challenge or leave us a comment)


Recycle, Re-Purpose & Re-Invent     http://doodleartifacts.blogspot.com/
Angela   http://papercraftnook.blogspot.com.au/
Judy   http://insearchofmycreativeside.blogspot.com/
Laine    http://hugs4theheartdesigns.blogspot.com/
Marg  http://craftycardsbymarg.blogspot.co.uk/
Chris / Doodle Pieces  http://www.doodlepieces.blogspot.com/
Chris / CS Designs      http://cs-designs.blogspot.com/
 

Chris ... Doodle Pieces 
Chris / CS Designs  .. The store does not allow comments so to play and be eligible for a prize you will have to find my little ghost hidden somewhere among my designs and write to Chris with where you found him. Chris will chose 1 winner from all those who find him.

This is one of my projects for this challenge, a Tea-Light using Chris' image called Raven and the background Halloween paper is also from 
Chris' collection and is called Mixed Halloween Text.  All of the images for this project were from the Gothic Macarbe Halloween Digital Stamp Collection








I used several recycle items for the project.  The top of the tea-light is made from a couple of different ribbon rolls, buttons are from a old top, the card board for the top and bottom of the tea-light is a cereal box and the acetate was from some packaging.  The ribbon came from a box of chocolates.





My second project this week is a Halloween door hanger.  I thought the shrunken heads would make a interesting door hanger for Halloween.  I also used the spider digital paper and a Zombie powder advertisement.  All of the images for this project were from the Gothic Macarbe Halloween Digital Stamp Collection

I used several recycled items for door hanger including the large padlock I  found a few years ago at a thrift store and have used it in other Halloween projects and cardboard to reinforce the shrunken heads and twine from the recycle bin .


  These projects were fun project to make. 


 I hope you will join our first challenge and the Blog Hop.  


I would like to enter these projects in the following challenges:

Craft Room Challenge Seasonal Colors

Through The Craft Room Door - Always Anything Goes
Cheerful Stamp Pad - Halloween Costumes & Fun
Incy Wincy Designs - Something Old, Something New (re-cycled item, new images)
Through the Purple Haze - Tags (Shrunken Heads)
The Corrosive Challenges Halloween Colors
Open-Minded Challenges - Fall / Autumn 
Not Just Cards - Always Anything Goes
Rhedd's Creative Spirit- Halloween or Not
The Mirror Cracked- Mixed Media

24 comments:

  1. I so agree with your favourite quote...in fact I believe the more you create the more you can! Your makeovers are delightful. I would be scared...well just a little bit to knock on your door! Thank you for joining in at Rhedd's Creative Spirit. Julie - Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sweetie, I love your door hanger.. You sound like a good recycler.. I hate waste x

    Thank you for joining in our challenge TTPH Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute projects! I'm now in a great Halloween mood!! Thanks for joining us at Through the Craft Room Door Challenge! Good luck and hope to see you next week, too!
    Hugs
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Judy! Yes, me again!! This time I'm thanking you for entering your projects in the Through the Purple Haze Challenges!! Your creations are so cute! Good luck!
    Hugs
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tab.....what beautiful work...really beautiful and so well made.

    Fiona dT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well aren't you a busy gal!? Love your projects. Have to say I'm big on using ribbon rolls myself and that stamp is adorable. And how fun are those shrunken heads? Wonderful work. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judy, I just love both your projects, you did a splendid job on them. I kept wondering what you were going to do with two shrunken heads and your padlock is not only unusual but absolutely sensational. I would have loved to knock on a door that had this on the font when I was a kid. Way too cool to be really creepy. Hope all you visitors love them both.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been busy! Giggle, these are great projects and love the lantern, both are fabulous! Great job, thanx for joining us at TTPH challenges.

    Carla DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two fabulous projects. Congratulations on your new team position.

    By the way our name is Mirror, I think your finger slipped, lol

    Thank you for supporting our first ever challenge. Hope to see you again

    Lin
    The Mirror Crack'd

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for participating in our 1sth challenge ever Anything goes at The Mirror Crack'd challenge blog. Hope to see you back again.

    Ma :)
    The Mirror Crack'd DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Judy, these recycled projects are just amazing. The tea light box is just so dramatic and I love the vibrant colours of the images on it. Then the hanging is just so creative. Love the face image you used on it.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing your lovely creation for the Cheerful Stamp Pad challenge 96, Hazel, DT - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous Halloween projects you've created it's such a fun time of the year :) thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy this Week Hugs Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous!!! I need to try one of these!! Yours came out just beautiful!!! And those faces on that lock!! Love it!!! ABsolutely gorgeous creations!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Judy

    Wow!! Outstanding projects Judy. Love them all - even the shrunken heads (HeeHee). Well done!!

    Thanks for becoming a follower of my blog, it's great to be on the CS DT with you and I appreciate the sweet comment you left for me.

    With smiles
    Laine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really great makes there! spooky! Many thanks for joining the Rhedd's Creative Spirit challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great decoration of the lantern, good use of recycled materials! The shrunken head hanger looks fabulous, cool idea to use an old paddlock. =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's very clever!!! love this. I just had to go and check out that challenge! love the idea or recycling or upcycling!!!

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh these are fabulous projects! I love the tea light holder and those shrunken heads are awesome! Off to hop before I'm too late! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  20. How fab! I love how you used the image in two different colour ways! Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Brilliant ideas amazingly constructed - love the lock

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, great creations! The tea light holder is just wonderful - I love how you've used the colours. Thanks for joining Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenge, Good Luck! Hope to see you soon again.

    Hanne, DT

    ReplyDelete