About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Monday, October 27, 2014

Whenever Possible Choose Adventure


This is my creation for this weeks Not Just Cards' Challenge.  I used one of our sponsor The Stamping Dragon's image for my Art Journal page.   I thought my gelli print page suited the image and I found this sentiment on Pinterest that seemed to work well with it. 

Products I used for this art journal page are:
  • The Stamping Dragon image - Aimee Goes Steampunk
  • Sentiment from Pinterest - printed on tissue paper
  • Coloured with Copics, glitter, acrylic paint
  • Butterfly by Inkadinkado - stamped on acrylic paper, coloured with acrylic paints, glitter, diamond glaze and white tissue paper
  • Background paper- gelli plate print (stencil, molding paste and assorted acrylic paints)
  • Assorted Die Cuts and bling
I hope you will join us at our new challenge blog.  Pop over to Not Just Cards blog and take a look at the projects our creative design team have created to inspire you.   

Thank you for stopping by and have a creative day. I am ntering this project at the following challenge blogs:

All Crafts Challenge - Anything but a Card

Open-Minded Challenges -  Halloween or Dressing Up
Brown Sugar – Anything Goes
One Stitch At A Time - Anything Goes with a Butterfly
My Craft Creations - Always Anything Goes

6 comments:

  1. Fun card,cute image, thanks for joining us at Open Minded Challenges this fortnight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous - love that background!

    Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this time, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab, the background is awesome.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun
    Julie DT
    Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Pumpkin Belly Cards}

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is adorable! Love your colors.. the butterflies are wonderful!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just ADORE the background you have done for this!!!!

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the background you created! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!!

    ReplyDelete