About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Recycle, Re-Purpose and Re-Invent Challenge

It is an anything goes with re-cycling challenge this week at  Recycle, Re-Purpose and Re-Invent Challenges


I was excited to use the material girl's images from CS Designs for the Recycle, Re-Purpose and Re-Invent Challenges. For this assemblage I used this wooden box I found at a garage sale.   I had my husband cut some dividers for. 

I used three different CS Designs' material girl pattern papers to line the walls and floors of the assemblage.  The fabric on the wall behind the scissors is the same fabric in the pinkers. I added several of the yarn and button cards also from the material girl collection along with threads and buttons. 



The pinkers, sewing machine needles, tape and sewing machine bobbins I found at the local thrift store .  The whole package was $2.00 which turned out to be a bargain because I googled the  pattern number on the pinkers and they were made in 1930 and are worth at least $29.00 according to Ebay.



The Singer scissors, old spool, wool and needle were also from my stash of things I may use some day.  To complete the project I added the cute lace dress form from CS Designs

I loved making this project. Hope you will join us this week for the anything goes challenge at  Recycle, Re-Purpose and Re-Invent Challenge

I am entering this project in the following challenges:

Altered Eclectics - Anything Goes
Not Just Cards - Anything Goes
All Crafts Challenge - Anything But a Card
Artistic Inspirations - Anything Goes
Get Creative Challenges - Anything Goes + Optional Twist: Stitching 
Love to Create Anything Goes
Through the Purple Haze - Anything Goes
Rhedd's Creative Spirit - Anything Goes


8 comments:

  1. I love reusing materials to create something brand new! Love your project! Thanks for joining us this week at Love to Create!

    Mei
    LTC DT
    Creative Fingers DT 
    Friday Sketch DT
    Sami Stamps DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another stunning project Judy, love all the little details you add. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Not Just Cards Challenges Good luck and We hope you'll join us again soon.
    Zoe x
    Handmade with lots of Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW love this project! all the detail in it is fantastic. Many thanks for joining the Rhedd's Creative Spirit challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous project,I love everything about it,especially your attention to detail.
    Thank you for joining in with our November Challenge...x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this project, so much detail and wow I just love it.

    Thank you so much for coming over and joining in with us at Rhedds Creative Spirit.

    Great Big Huge Hugs

    Becca xx (DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous project, the detail is outstanding... Love it all... Thank you for joining us at Altered Eclectics...Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant recycle project, I love all the little bits and bobbins. Thank you for joining us at All Crafts Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these box displays but never know how or what to fill them with. your idea here is lovely and your items well worth displaying. Thankyou for sharing with us at Craft My Life. hugs Mrs A. (D.T.)

    ReplyDelete