About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Retro Rubber Challenge - Sketch


I decide to join in the challenge at Retro Rubber  this week.  It is a sketch challenge and this is the sketch.  

RRCB 33

I have just found this challenge blog and  I have enjoyed the challenges I have joined in.  I am excited about a chance of using some of my stash of rubber stamps.  One of the rules of the challenge is you always had to use a stamp older than a year and include the age (or approximate age) of the stamp in your blog post. 

My stylish ladies are a set of rubber stamps I probably had for about ten years.  They are unmounted so I no longer remember who's stamps they belong to.  The sentiment is Stampin Up and was dated 2006. 

Thank you for stopping by and check out the Retro Rubber Challenge.  It is time to get inky. 

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!! this card is beautiful, what a sweet collection of very fashionable ladies!!!
    Thank you so much for playing along wit our Retro Rubber Challenge, the colors are fantastic, love the detail of the strip of diamonds on the lower left, really awesome.
    We hope to see you often on the gallery.
    Big Hugs,

    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love the how you colored the fashionable ladies! Your sentiment was just perfect for this card. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, the ladies are gorgeous and fun, it's like a catwalk! Thanks for joining us this time at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy, I am so glad to see you back in our gallery this week. These stylish ladies are perfect for the sketch challenge. Love their colorful outfits. And the green framing certainly makes the card pop. Well done. Hope you continue digging out those retro stamps and let them shine once again (or twice...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely set of ladies that are in style. It is fun to use our older stamps. Many of mine are also unmounted, but I wrote down the manufacturer on most of them . . . some of them not!! Glad to see your interpretation of the sketch. Thank you for playing along this week with Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card! I have never seen stamps like them and you made them look oh-so-stylish! Great SU sentiment to go with them, too! I would have never known that they didn't come together. Thank you for playing along with the Retro Rubber sketch challenge this week and hope you will join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic card! All of these ladies are just awesome! Beautiful addition to our gallery! Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber! So happy you did!!

    ReplyDelete