About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Altered File Box


It is time again for another challenge at Altered Eclectics.  This is an anything goes challenge as long as it is an altered project.  For this month's project I made an altered box to hold all of my alphabet letters that I have collected over the years for use in upcoming challenges. 

I started with this old file box.

I used letters from my collection, stencils, acrylic paints, wooden stars and buttons to create the textures and colours on my box.

Closer view




Thank you for stopping by and have a creative day.  Remember to stop by our challenge blog to view the the creative works of our talented design team.  Have a creative week.

I am entering this project in the following challenges:

Crafting by Design - Anything Goes
Crafty Creations - Anything Goes
Creative Moments - Anything Goes
Inspiration Destination - Anything Goes
Artistic Inspiration - Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
Rhedd's Creative Spirit - Anything Goes
Mixed Media World - Anything Goes Mixed Media

11 comments:

  1. Stunning transformation hun - loving all the texture and colours. Love it hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, is there anything you can't transform? You always do such a great job with mixed media. I love when you show the before picture, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and with my DT hat on for Rhedd's I echo my previous comment - love. love, love it.Thank you for sharing with us over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month and hope to see you again in future challenges.

    Handcrafted by Ellapu
    Mother Hen for Altered Eclectics
    Mother Hen for Eclectic Ellapu
    DT Rhedd's Creative Spirit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great altered project - now all the letters are outside the box instead of inside! CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one awesome project - it has tremendous texture. You really transformed that plain box into a beautiful piece of art. Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you have altered this box Judy..great colour and I love all those stars..x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fantastic alteration Judy! Especially love the sentiment of Dream, Jane :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your altered Box is terrific Judy!The colour combo is terrific.Thank you for joining us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this March.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this altered box!!! Awsome Creation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. GORGEUS -Love all the layers and textures x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fantabulous post this has been. Never seen this kind of useful post. I am grateful to you and expect more number of posts like these. Thank you very much.
    nescafe

    ReplyDelete