About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Monday, June 5, 2017

Sail a Way


The theme this week at Crafty Cardmakers is to make your project for a special man or boy. I made this card for a very special friend of ours' birthday.  
I used a stencil by Stampendous for the background along with an element and birthday die by Tim Holtz.  The sailing ship is a stamp from my collection that at this moment I can not remember the maker's name.  The element die I used embossed with shabby blue embossing enamel and the sail boat I coloured with distressed ink.

 To complete the card I added a anchor and steering wheel dies. Thank you for stopping by and have a creative week. Remember to stop by our challenge blog to see the inspiring creations of our design team. 


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Love the background behind the sailboat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous colors and design and what a gorgeous bunch of die cuts! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judy, love this card and especially your choice of colours. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your choice of colours and the accessories on this most wonderful card. Wow!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you've done this Judy, very dramatic. CarolG

    ReplyDelete