About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Saturday, October 7, 2017

Happy Halloween - Haunted House


It is another great Mixed Media challenge at Creative Artiste this month. Our sponsor  this month is DecoArt and they have a great prizes for one lucky winner.   I used several of their products , such as paints, gesso and Texture Sand Paste. 


I had a lot of fun making my house.  I hunted through my collection of findings (many of which are straight junk) that I have collected through the years to create my  Haunted House.   I had a old wire tree in my collection that inspired me to do the project. I sprayed  the tree with Web Spray.

The house is made out of a piece of wood from my hubby's scrap pile. The base of the project is an old tray that I inverted.  I added stones on the roof and pathway and Popsicle sticks for the fence.  I cut out the grave stones out of cardboard and added my sentiments and a skeleton that I had recycled from another project.  

I added texture paste to my windows and door before painting them and added few more findings from my collection such as the crow, a number, a cat die cut, spiders and a skeleton head. 

Here are some closer looks at the project.











Thank you for stopping by and have a creative day.  Remember to stop by our challenge blog to be inspired by the creations of our inspiring design team.  

4 comments:

  1. In the mood for Halloween... Amazing house with a dramatic feel (I love the tree!): beautiful scene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A brilliant project Judy. Lots of fabulous techniques and details xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little house is so fun
    Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Judy you always come up with the goods, so spooky. CarolG

    ReplyDelete